Monday, October 27, 2008

disconnected thoughts

Thoughts can be stringed together or otherwise. I guess, it mainly depends on we see/think at that moment. I've had thoughts coming from the two poles one after another. Totally varied.

When i was atop Mullayana Giri in Chikamagaluru last week, i was reminded of an earlier visit to Jog Falls, in July this year. And also Talakaveri, to which we travelled about five/six years ago. My hand brushed across wet hair, while the other hand rested on a moist pair of jeans. We were on cloud 9 according to my professor. Having witnessed the Malnad in it's pristine greenery and the typical never-ending drizzle of the monsoons, i felt awed. Rain and green. What compliance!

I was working on oils today. After about four long months. Me, being happy, excited goes without saying. Resulting in a nice canvas. Hope i put it up here sometime. That apart, i grumbled that my other oils, those that i started with, and henceforth, are not good. When i look at this, i grimace. Really. I wish M could see what i did today. She would have loved it, i'm sure. This was the first time that i'd worked on canvas.

Temples and me have always been apart. At home, we've had this very different practice of not going to them. We do visit them once in a blue moon, when a puja is organised by somebody in the family. Nevertheless, a puja is performed once in seven days, i guess for it's sake. Or for mother's satisfaction. She has tried to inculcate those habits into me. The process of trying didn't yield anything. In fact, i think that she has begun delineating. Am i that influencing??!! Wow!! I should pat my back. I've had to explain this tendancy to a couple of friends, who were taken aback, some with expressions displayed on their face.

6 comments:

The 'Ekaangi' said...

i was wondering whether this post was about the beauty of nature or your art or the temples & your beliefs! It all seems so disconnected.... ahhh! There it dawns... disconnected thoughts ... exactly !

Srik said...

Thats how a mind behaves, sometimes London, Sometimes Tokyo!

Well.. To speak about Malnadu and Rains... they are inseperable, for me. When I think of Malnadu, when I think of mountains, I invariably think about rains! Same is true when it rains in Beangalooru; I happen to think all the time about the mountains, forests and people there!

About ur oil painting... I just wished seeing it myself..well.. as u feel comfortable.

About the temples... I dont like visiting them often, and I take more interest in doing puja at home than visiting a temple. Of course I like going to those temples which are ancient, preserved as it shud be! Like the temples I visited during my recent Tamilnadu visit. I like going on pilgrimages, but to those places only! Anyways, it is fun to travel, temple or otherwise!

Srik said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mouna said...

suhas,
of course!!

srik,
yes, travelling is fun eitherways.

Anonymous said...

I came back from Chikmagalur yesterday. I spent two days at the Amritapura temple, book in hand, studying every panel. A first experience, and I enjoyed it.

I went in and prayed at the end of the day, on both days!

Good luck with oils. You've made a very good beginning.

Thanks for coming over to my blog!

Anonymous said...

I came back from Chikmagalur yesterday. I spent two days at the Amritapura temple, book in hand, studying every panel. A first experience, and I enjoyed it.

I went in and prayed at the end of the day, on both days!

Good luck with oils. You've made a very good beginning.

Thanks for coming over to my blog!