Saturday, April 05, 2014

These days i wouldn't prefer not going to malls to hang out. The food there is expensive, yes, and the malls in Delhi (my observation) are 'uber-materialistic' (maybe this is a little exaggerated, but you do get me, right?). One can see a lot of fancy stuff there, and if you have money to spend and want to buy things, these are the ideal locations. I would go on to say that Delhi being what it is, is aping the West than Bangalore.

That said, malls are sheltered and air-conditioned which is pretty much the reason why i would want to hang-out with my friends there.

Coming back to the Delhi and its association with fancy things - one of the things that i, personally don't appreciate (i really can' figure out the right word to use here) is the fact that people as in women make up their faces even when they stay at home. To have your lips coloured is a very normal thing is Delhi. I have seen women from different social strata (this is only my observation, and is not a generalization) doing it. Still haven't figured out a reason why.

This was something to me. I remember having told my parents that we wear clothes and other things to shield ourselves from the external environment and clothes, shoes, jewellery, body-care all evolved from there.

P.S. I am not a saint. I like to buy things too. I bought silver jewellery last week.
P.P.S. It's been eight years on this blog!

No comments: