Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I think I am on the verge of getting a headache (or i'm feeling plain lazy), or something like that. I had a cup of tea in the morning and i have been wanting another cup since i took the last sip in order to wake up my senses. From morning, i feel that i have been doing things zombie-like. I like the tea they serve here. Only here, of all the teas i have tasted at a few places in Delhi (which is not much actually). They boil the tea leaves with ginger which adds that extra flavour, making the whole experience of drinking hot tea all the more enjoyable.

At other places, tea kinda sucks. It's like drinking a hot solution of sugar, with the taste of milk somewhere (sometimes lost) and absolutely no hint of the taste of tea that is normally associated with the beverage. It was a revelation - not everyone in the North knows good tea. We, from the South (or atleast i) assumed that the whole of the North knows how to brew fantastic tea. I am of the opinion that the tea served at Roti Ghar or the other places in Bangalore where i drink tea, is not bad at all. In fact, the tea that we there is pretty good.

No comments: