Saturday, May 05, 2007

a home away from home

Me: M, do you want anything else?

M: Of course, I want rasmalai, MTR dosa, pani puri, bisi bele bath.....

Thus went a conversation. The longing behind those words hit me hard. It's painful at times. There is nothing i can do, except soothe her, pacify her.... tell her that M, you can do whatever you want, once you join us. Again, i don't know whether i'm successful in convincing her.

That night, when R(M's friend) talked to me, it sounded so nice. And now, R too is far away, in some strange country.

I was selfish. I later realised, M needs me. M craves for mother, father, B, C......... those voices which give her the confidence, the strength... those few words that we send back and forth.... it means a lot to her...

This thought crept into my mind sometime back. Is it ok for me to continue with blogging? Writing about mother, father, B, C.....putting my ideas on a screen for her to see...

Doesn't it instill a greater yearning in her? To be amongst the people she knows, to participate in an environment she is familiar with.... to feel something intimate... to fondle B.... to hug father.... to play pranks on me..... to visit Commercial Street with mother......

On second thoughts, i shall carry on with my posts... which'll flash before her eyes at the click of a button. A means of communication. I say, let it be.

M: i don't whether i did the right job by posting this article. Honey, this is one of the means by which i could say, 'i love you'.

4 comments:

Srik said...

You sound so honest...
Cheer up...You did a wonderful job!!

And mind you, it happens to every one. We just need to take the day as and when it comes, and get along in life.

mouna said...

srik,
yes, as u once said, changes are the only thing constant in our lives. :)

Shiv said...

Mouna,
Very touchy..
I know u r missing ur 'M'
BTW howz M doin ?

mouna said...

shiv,
yes, but i consider myself lucky in this regard, i've my relatives around me. M has only her husband to cheer her up. she's good... thanks! :)