Monday, January 31, 2011

Yesterday's Chitra Santhe was a special one. My participation in that event was for the first time (and hopefully not the last). I had a wonderful time there, and spoke to new people of their paintings and such. I saw some amazing paintings of landscapes, in different media and was bowled over. It's a wonder how artists capture scenes of daily life and create reality. The variety of people, paintings and everything else was good. the organizers had done a good job. And the Chitra Kala Parishath looked colourful, bright and milled with people.

Frankly, out of the some that i've done, mother likes my sketch of the Qutub Minar a lot. And when i added it to the collection that was to be on display, she was disappointed. But, nobody took that and she was happy.

I'll always remember the last week and yesterday. It means a lot to me. Including the small forgettable arguments that i had with one of the students there. I'm still living that time.

No comments: