Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Now that the festivals are around the corner, i miss the journeying-to-Bengaluru bit. The trains would be filled beyond its brim. And there was this excitement in the air amongst us in Mysuru as that was the apt time to travel back home. More than half the size of my class comprised of outsiders hailing from various geographical locations. We used to cancel classes, in fact my professors themselves did that at times.

On finishing the short visit to one's house, stories would be shared along with eatables brought from different parts of Karnataka. I was always asked to get something prepared in my house. But seriously, there's nothing really specific to Bengaluru in this aspect.

When i see people scurrying to their towns to celebrate the festivities, i'm reminded of my days.

No comments: