Monday, May 20, 2013

I'm here after reading Shakri's post on Gabriel Garcia Marquez, specifically his book - Love in the Time of Cholera.

I've tried reading two of his books - Love in the Time of Cholera and One Hundred Years of Solitude, but couldn't really get beyond reading the first few pages. Another book that i read some years ago was The Museum of Innocence by Orhan Pamuk. I had heard about a book of his (can't recollect the title now) which made me read this book. I remember, i simply egged myself to read till the last page even though i didn't find it interesting.

The reason why i'm writing about these two writers is that i think they are way too intellectual and abstract for me to comprehend. That said, i still wish to pick that copy of  One Hundred Years of Solitude that's there at home and read it till the end. I so doubt this.

No comments: