Thursday, January 03, 2013

I was wondering about a few books that i like the most. Reading is one thing that i can't disassociate from. And people don't seem to view it from my perspective and don't quite understand. I don't see the activity as work at all. I had once decided that when i started earning, i would buy atleast two/three books a month to satiate my hunger for reading.

I do have a list of books/authors that i've read about ten times. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee, Feluda - Satyajit Ray, Khalid Hosseini, A Fine Balance - Rohington Mistry. I would love to read Sunil Gangopadhyay, Indira Goswami, indian short stories and a whole lot of Indian stories again.

 And i would like to read some Kannada literature as well. I want to start even though i find reading Kannada tedious. My vocabulary is limited, but i could still do it. Of course, practice would certainly ease it, but i should first hold a Kannada book, goad myself to read it through, even though it will take me more than a couple of days. I will, someday.

4 comments:

Ms.Hegde said...

You can start with Poornachandra Tejasvi's books.They are simple, just as it is made for a child, its adventurous and doesn't require much of a thinking!

mouna said...

ms, thanks for that.

VENU VINOD said...

all the best, kannada has got vast literature and you can surely enjoy it

mouna said...

venu,
thanks, aadre it can't start immediately. it'll take some time for me get into it.
well, i've begun some reading on kannada websites. hope it doesn't stop.